Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPINESS IS A BYPRODUCT OF ACTIVITY

Think about when you are having time off and if doing nothing makes you happy. I would dear to say that "Yes" you did feel happy, but I would think that your happiness came from knowing you worked so hard to get that time off. Now imagine you did nothing, you won the lottery so you have all the time in the world and all your did is pick some numbers. I would say it would start off happy but slowly turn to boredom. There is a reason why a ton of retired people go back to work, or why people who make their millions go out again and do it all over again. There is a joy in accomplishment, and it's addictive, so people keep doing it over and over. I always put my goal of retirement at a young age, but what I'm reaching for is a freedom at a young age to do what I want. I know already that what I want is more time with my family but I also want more time to do more things and keep progressing.




HAPPINESS IS A BYPRODUCT OF ACTIVITY




Happiness lies in the joy of achievement,
the thrill of creative effort.
The human spirit needs to accomplish,
to achieve, to triumph to be happy.

Happiness does not come from doing easy work.
It comes from the afterglow of satisfaction after
the achievement of a difficult task that demands
your best.

Your personal growth itself contains the seed of happiness.
You cannot pursue happiness by itself.

There is no happiness except in the realization that you
have accomplished something.

Happiness thrives in activity.
It's a running river, not a stagnant pond.




THE DAILY GURU


##########################################
PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO AS MANY PEOPLE
AS YOU KNOW, TO HELP US IN OUR MISSION TO RAISE
THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE

To "SUBSCRIBE" to TheDailyGuru, visit this link:-
http://www.TheDailyGuru.com
##########################################

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: