Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Assumptions change your direction

Take a moment and think about how you respond when somebody asks you why you never did something, or why you did it a certain way. You most always say "I Assumed".

Why do we always assume things we don't know and then let our assumptions affect our actions?

I just read this article on "Why assumptions are bad for business" and they explain it perfectly. I found myself reading it and thinking back over the last few years of my life and how a lot of the roads I went down were because of my assumptions. Looking back I can only imagine where I'd be today if I didn't assume but either just asked or did. (Nike got it right "Just Do It").

Over the last year or so I've tried to fully embrace the teachings of "Think and grow rich", "The secret" and just being positive overall. I've noticed that I've been working much harder to remove not just assumptions but also excuses from my conversations. It's made a world of difference thus far and I'll keep practicing this until it's just a part of who I am.

What is one thing you assumed today and how did it affect your actions?

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

jonreid said...

I assume there is a solution to any opportunity I encounter.

Positivity serves me well and it seems to affect what I get back from the world.