Wednesday, June 4, 2008

OVERCOMING YOUR FEAR

I'm currently on site with a new client doing a task that technically hasn't been done yet by any customer., so there is a little fear in that. Being brought in as a high level expert in the field there are times where I'm afraid to ask or say things that may sound dumb or stupid, but how dumb is it not to bring them up before your found out. (no worries I bring them up before it gets bad ;)

Why I decided to write this is because I do have a hard time with worry about others and how they think of me. It's even tough to write that but it's a weakness I need to be aware of. When you think hard about it why would I fear others opinions of myself or anything I do. Example, on this job I'm expected to do something unknown so they should expect I would have to try it more than once, or even mess it up pretty bad (only 3 days in so far so good).

Anyway this blog is a little about fear, awareness and also self accepting. You need to know your fears, be aware of them and then work on over coming them. It's like reaching a goal, it takes steps to get there, you don't just set your goal and then it's done. Same with overcoming a fear, you don't just recognize it and then it goes away. You have to work on it, and take small steps to overcome it.

Here is a Daily Guru I got today that is inline with this blog and partly inspired it.

FEAR IS OVERCOME WITH ACTION

One of the greatest surprises you'll experience,
is when you discover that you can do
what you were afraid you couldn't do.

Your obstacles will melt away,
if instead of cowering before them,
you make up your mind to walk boldly through them.

Do the thing you fear and fear disappears.
Confront your fears, list them, get to know them
and only then will you be able to put them aside
and move ahead.

When you face the things that scare you,
you open the door to freedom.

The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself.

********************************
©2006 by Max Steingart
Reproduce freely but maintain © notice
************************************

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: